As our young learners start their exciting formal learning adventure we support them every step of the way.
At Junior Grammar, Prep and some Year 1 students start in our warm and inviting Brockwell Gill Foundation Centre.
The Centre, which sits adjacent to our Mavis Parkinson Junior School Centre (Years 1 to 5), offers a safe, secure facility where your child can transition smoothly into their first years of formal schooling. Due to growth our Year 6 classes also occupy classrooms in the John Hancock Centre.
Our expert teaching staff are committed to knowing your child and meeting their needs every day. They love what they do and are proud to be part of your child’s journey, watching them achieve and grow.
Our personalised approach to education ensures we are meeting the exact needs of our students and they are always making positive progress.
Our boys and girls are immersed in a fun and challenging academic curriculum that includes:
- Personalised Learning Plans
- Evidence based teaching practices - Phonological and phonemic approach to the teaching of reading
- Balanced literacy and numeracy programs
- Balanced and age appropriate pedagogies
- Specialist lessons for Chinese (Mandarin), Art, Drama, Music, Dance, E-STEAM (Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics), Physical Education and Library
- Dedicated digital and design technologies lessons and teacher
- An inclusion approach to Intervention and Extension
Children are explicitly provided with teaching and learning opportunities to understand School and wider expectations. Our School Pastoral Care Program is framed by our School Values with a strong focus on personal wellbeing. Our students’ positive choices are recognised and encouraged through our daily positive practices.
The Foundation Centre is well resourced and has its own play spaces where our youngest School students forge friendships, build confidence and strive to be the best they can be.
We are proud of our supportive, family-friendly School community and welcome parents into our classrooms at any time.